Established in 1985 by Mitchell L. Morgan, Morgan Properties is a real estate investment and management company.
Morgan Properties owns and manages 120 apartment communities with almost 30,000 apartment homes in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Indiana, Maryland, South Carolina, Virginia and Nebraska.
As one of the nation's leading apartment management companies, Morgan Properties has been creating the standards that others have followed for many years. It is an organization that is built upon a commitment to excellence. Our highly qualified staff with strong teamwork continually achieves our goal of being the leader in the field. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day.
The Property Manager is responsible for all operational and financial aspects of an apartment community and meeting company goals in those areas. He/She will achieve results through personnel management, leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance, revenue enhancement, capital improvements, asset management, information reporting and compliance with all applicable laws and company policies.
- Meet the financial results set forth in NRI and NOI for the property by increasing revenue and reducing expenses. Complete a monthly variance report to explain areas not being met as budgeted.
- Strive to maintain an average occupancy of 95% each month.
- Manage employees: Hire and terminate employees under the direction of the Regional Manager and Human Resource Department. Manage employee issues and discipline, where necessary, with the guidance of Human Resources. Conduct written evaluations of employees and make recommendations for salary increases. Provide written Action Plans when warranted. Coach, supervise, mentor, develop and be responsible for work performed by all on-site personnel.
- Hold daily staff meeting to address ideas and suggestions and to implement new strategy.
- Must be available on-call 24 hours a day in case of emergency.
- Ensure proper purchasing procedures are adhered to and all expenses are accounted for in Yardi prior to the purchase. Emergency repairs must be accounted for in Yardi within 48 hours of the work being completed. Property Manager is responsible for unauthorized charges or costs to the property.
- Ensure that all safety initiatives are adhered to and that safety guidelines are followed.
- Assist in the marketing, showing and leasing of apartments.
- Develop and implement marketing strategy (running advertisements, training staff, increasing traffic, etc.). Be familiar with competitive apartments in the area and perform comparable market surveys and Competitive Intelligence once a month.
- Ensure all vacant units are walked and in compliance with make ready standards and utility control a minimum of twice per month. 101 point checklist must be in every ready apartment home.
- Responsible for the lease renewal process regarding rent increases, lease changes and encouraging residents to renew.
- Continually inspect the property and delegate any work to be done to staff members or vendors. Constantly upgrade and maintain the properties curb appeal. Prepare periodic inventory of building contents and property condition. Notify Regional Manager of any major maintenance problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Handle all details of move-ins and move-outs, giving particular attention to the apartment conditions and that all lease charges are accurate. Move-ins and Move outs are to be processed within 24 hours.
- Continually analyze maintenance operations with attention to cost reduction. Keep accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishment, annual inspection, inventories and purchase orders.
- Handle delinquent accounts and initiate legal proceedings according to local and state laws. Update Resident Delinquency Memos on all past due accounts and charge late charges and court fees as applicable
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Qualified individuals will have proven performance in successfully monitoring financial statements, capital enhancement projects, revenue, expenses, net operating income and occupancy goals.
- ARM, CAM, CAPS, MPM, RMP is a plus!
- May require valid drivers' license, along with good driving record and auto insurance, if traveling to multiple properties.
- Multi-family property management experience required.
- Lease up or new construction experience desirable.
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/ AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center
- Discount on PC Richards Appliances
- Discount on Verizon wireless products/phone plans
- Discounts on CDW Computer Centers products